My ETS2 Company Trailer Mod 1.27.x
1. Use the template and make yourself the skin
– The provided template comes in .PSD and .PNG formats, edit with your favorite image editor.
2. Convert it to .DDS file format
– You can do it with software like Photoshop or you can do it online using services such as www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-dds
3. Now insert your skin into the trailer mod
– Trailer mod comes in 2 formats: .SCS and .ZIP – use only one of them, they’re practically the same, just have different extensions. In case you don’t know, ETS2 game also accepts mods in .ZIP format.
– You can open .SCS files using 7zip software.
– Open the trailer mod file and replace this file: myskin.dds from mycompany sub-directory.
4. Manifest files / Mod Manager
– This trailer has also manifest files included. There are 3 files:
– manifest.sii – You can edit this file using Notepad++, change name of the mod and your name.
– mod_description.txt – In this file you can insert additional info about your trailer.
– mod_image.jpg – This is that preview image we see in Mod manager. Replace it with your own – 276x162px .JPG file format.
– You can also delete all 3 manifest files, they’re not mandatory.
5. The Cargoes
– This trailer is set to transport default 100 cargoes
– Some of the cargoes are for base map, some are for Scandinavia and some are for France DLC.
– If you don’t own, for example, Vive la France DLC you need to delete cargoes that contain dlc_fr in their name. Example: aircft_tires.
– The same goes for Scandinavia DLC, delete all cargoes that contain dlc_north in their name.
– To delete a cargo go to: yourtrailer.scs/def/cargo/ and there delete any cargo folder you want.
– You can delete multiple cargoes but you must have at least 1.
That’s about it. You should now have your own trailer mod without having any modding skills 🙂
If you got any questions, leave your comments down below.
– Trailer is standalone and also enabled for ai traffic.
– Has advanced coupling with brace animation.
– Also has lift-able axle.
– It uses the default SCS Krone Profi-liner model.
– Trailer also uses default (in-game) cargoes – check step 5 for more info.
– Compatible with any other mods and all DLC’s.
– It works on 1.27.x ETS2 version, no errors.